Howard D. Geneslaw, a Director in the Gibbons Real Property & Environmental Department, will speak at the upcoming NJ Chapter of the American Planning Association’s 2013 New Jersey Planning Conference on, "The Use Variance: Whether, When and How?" The panel will cover New Jersey’s unique, ever changing concept of a policy variance.
Mr. Geneslaw, among other panelists, will discuss:
- The differences between commercial and residential applications;
- Regional differences in commercial and residential practices;
- How to develop the skill to advise your clients on choosing a path between use variances and rezonings;
- The advantages and disadvantages of bifurcation;
- How to arm yourself for the discussion about "usurpation;" and
- Being prepared to address the policy requirements to support a successful application.
For more information or to register, please click here.