Real Estate New Jersey recently reported on Prologis, the publicly-traded global leader in logistics real estate, regarding its development of nearly 1 million square feet of industrial space in Burlington Township, New Jersey. Gibbons represented DCT Industrial Trust, which was subsequently acquired by Prologis, in all development aspects of the project, including entitlements and redevelopment agreements, such as tax abatements, as well as litigation challenging the development approvals granted to DCT – which was successfully concluded with the court dismissing the challenge. The regional significance of this project is notable, thanks to its location proximate to a recently widened stretch of the New Jersey Turnpike where it meets the Pennsylvania Turnpike, which has made the area all the more attractive to industrial users. Douglas J. Janacek, Chair of the Gibbons Real Property Department, and Department Directors Russell B. Bershad and Jennifer Phillips Smith were primarily responsible for the legal services provided in connection with this project. Real Estate New Jersey’s story on the project can be found here.
With 200 attorneys, Gibbons is a leading law firm in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Washington, DC, and Florida, ranked among the nation’s top 200 by The American Lawyer. More...
Resources of Interest
- CityBiz Real Estate
- CT Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (CTDEP)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- NAIOP – The Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- NJ Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP)
- NYC Department of Environmental Protection (NYCDEP)
- PA Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP)