The New Jersey Assembly on March 25 unanimously passed Assembly Bill No A-3902, which proposes to vest in the Director of Local Government Services the ability to extend the deadlines under the Municipal Land Use Law and other statutes that require certain municipal action before a given deadline during a declared state of emergency or public health emergency. This would effectively suspend all timeframes for determining completeness or requiring a vote by the zoning or planning board on a given application. This legislation now moves to the Senate for consideration, and we will continue to monitor various legislative and regulatory updates.
With 200 attorneys, Gibbons is a leading law firm in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Washington, DC, and Florida, ranked among the nation’s top 200 by The American Lawyer. More...
Resources of Interest
- CityBiz Real Estate
- CT Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (CTDEP)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- NAIOP – The Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- NJ Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP)
- NYC Department of Environmental Protection (NYCDEP)
- PA Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP)